As a nonprofit, we are a primarily volunteer driven organization. We are extremely thankful for those who dedicate their time and skills to helping us further our mission and to support even more children and families that require our services and programs.
List of Current Volunteer Positions:
- Volunteer Literacy Tutor – Reading Rocks Program – works with a pair of children for 8 weeks, twice per week, implementing an appropriate and effective individualized literacy program to meet each child’s individual literacy needs. Current Vulnerability Check Required (cost is not covered by LDAHH). Visit the Reading Rocks page under Programs and Services for more information. For a job description, Click Here To view a Flyer or share this position with someone, Click Here
- Administrative Assistant – we are looking for an occasional resource to assist in our office with administrative work and help us with efficiency in our Resource Center in Burlington! For a job description, Click Here
- NEW!!! Reading Rocks Volunteer Coordinator – we are looking for a part-time volunteer to help with administration and volunteer recruitment for our Reading Rocks program – it also involves event coordination tasks and hours are flexible! For a job description, Click Here
- NEW!!! Treasurer, Board of Directors – we are looking for a qualified individual to join our Board of Directors on a part-time volunteer basis for a 2-year term. The Treasurer is responsible for the effective governance and maintenance of the financial records of the organization. For a job description, Click Here
- Social Media Specialist – we are looking for a social media guru to help support our social media initiatives and build our online presence! For a job description, Click Here
- Librarian – we need a volunteer to help us manage our on-site parent resource library! If you have experience working in a library this might be a great role for you! For a job description, Click Here
- Special Events – set up, clean up and accept registrants at the door for Lectures and/or helping us during the day at our Annual Conference, in Burlington on March 11th, 2019. For a job description, Click Here
- Conference Planning Committee – Our organization’s annual Solutions for Learning Conference will be held on March 11th, 2019 and we are looking for volunteers to assist with our Conference Planning Committee and also on the day of the event, held in Burlington. Please email us here if you are able to become a Conference Volunteer!
- Fundraising Committee – Planning and implementing a variety of fundraising initiatives i.e. golf tournaments, galas, grant proposals, community foundations. Please email us here if you are able to join!
If you would like to volunteer with the Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton, please fill out the appropriate form below. If you have specific questions about our volunteer opportunities please send an email to info@Ldahh.ca
“Whether in the form of neighbours helping neighbours, or through organizations, the impulse to turn outwards from self to the needs of others without monetary reward has reflected humanity’s noblest impulses and civilization’s greatest promise.”