As a nonprofit, we are a primarily volunteer driven organization. We are extremely thankful for those who dedicate their time and skills to helping us further our mission and to support even more children and families that require our services and programs.
List of Current Volunteer Positions:
- Literacy Tutor – Reading Rocks Program – work one-on-one with a child, twice per week in the evenings, developing hands-on and engaging activities and games to explicitly teach phonemic awareness/phonics, build sight word vocabulary and increase fluency while graphing child’s success.Current Vulnerability Check Required (cost is not covered by LDAHH).
- NEW!!! Board of Directors – we are looking for qualified individuals to join our team of dedicated Board Members who guide our organization and make decisions on our strategic priorities; this is a part time opportunity on a volunteer basis for a 2-year term. For further information or to apply, Click Here
- Administrative Assistant – we are looking for an occasional resource with strong computer skills to assist in our office with administrative work in our Resource Centre in Burlington! For a job description, Click Here
- Reading Rocks Volunteer Coordinator – we are looking for a part-time volunteer to help with administration and volunteer recruitment for our Reading Rocks program – it also involves event coordination tasks and hours are flexible! For a job description, Click Here
- Social Media Specialist – we are looking for a social media guru to help support our social media initiatives and build our online presence! For a job description, Click Here
- Librarian – we need a volunteer to help us manage our on-site parent resource library! If you have experience working in a library this might be a great role for you! For a job description, Click Here
- Special Events – set up, clean up and accept registrants at the door for Lectures and/or helping us during the day at our Annual Conference, in Burlington on March 11th, 2019. For a job description, Click Here
- Conference Planning Committee – Our organization’s annual Solutions for Learning Conference will be held on March 11th, 2020 and we are looking for volunteers to assist with our Conference Planning Committee and also on the day of the event, held in Burlington. Please email us here if you are able to become a Conference Volunteer!
- Fundraising Committee – Planning and implementing a variety of fundraising initiatives i.e. trivia nights, auctions, raffles, grant proposals, community foundations. Please email us here if you are able to join!
If you would like to volunteer with the Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton, please fill out the appropriate form below. If you have specific questions about our volunteer opportunities please send an email to info@Ldahh.ca
“Whether in the form of neighbours helping neighbours, or through organizations, the impulse to turn outwards from self to the needs of others without monetary reward has reflected humanity’s noblest impulses and civilization’s greatest promise.”