Steps to Apply:
1.Fill out an application for your child by clicking the “Submit An Application” button on the right-hand side of this page.
*Please Note: Filling out the application form does not guarantee your child a spot in the Reading Rocks program. The number of spots available depends on the number of volunteer tutors that we have. By filling out the application you are on the waitlist.
2. If there is a spot available, our Program Coordinator will reach out to you via email to offer you a spot in the program. You will have one week to respond and confirm your spot. After this time, the Program Coordinator will move on to the next name on the waitlist. Spots will be given out on a first come first serve basis based on the date and time on completed application forms.
3. Once you have confirmed your spot, details on how to make a payment will be sent to you via email. To keep your child’s spot in the Reading Rocks program you must make a payment before the start of the session.
*Waivers and Conditions of Enrollment in Reading Rocks Program:
- I understand that Microsoft Teams is an online communication tool allowing for face-to-face, video, voice or chat dialogue. I understand that all video conferencing platforms, including Microsoft Teams, have some security risks, and therefore, it is best to avoid sharing any unnecessary personal information while video conferencing.
- I agree that the LDAHH and the tutor should not be held responsible if any outside party gains access to my child’s personal or confidential information by bypassing Microsoft Teams security measures.
- I understand that internet connection can be intermittent, and if the session is lost the tutor will make every effort to resume the meeting within 10 minutes
- The parent or guardian of the above-named participant, releases the Learning Disabilities Association of Halton-Hamilton, its directors, staff, agents and members from any loss, personal injury, accident, misfortune or damage to the above-named or his/her property, with the understanding that reasonable precautions shall be taken to ensure the health and safety of the above-named participant.
- For the program to be effective and out of respect for volunteers we ask families to commit to attending each session of the program they register for. If you will be unable to attend a session, you must inform tutor and program site facilitator with as much notice as possible.
- For the safety of the volunteer staff and other participants, LDA Halton-Hamilton has the right and responsibility to take actions such as phone calls home and possible dismissal from program if a child exhibits continual inappropriate behaviour, or immediately if a safety issue arises.
- I understand that if my child’s volunteer tutor withdraws from the program, my child may be placed with an alternate volunteer tutor.
- I understand that in order to ensure every child’s full participation in the program, parents should not remain in the same room as their child during the session but rather outside the room, in the hallway or in an alternate room. I also acknowledge that if I volunteer for the program I will not be in the same room as my child during the sessions, and not be paired with my child for the session.
Due to reduced funding, there will be a fee to participate in this program effective July 2019.
$100 for Members / $150 for Non-Members (The cost of annual membership is $50 per family, paid separately from program fees)
Program Cancellation Policy:
50% of the registration fee will be refunded for any program cancellation received 2 weeks prior to the first class.
Please contact us for any cancellation questions at info@Ldahh.ca
Many of our programs have limited space available as we aim to provide a low student to teacher ratio; unfortunately space cannot be held for any student until payment is received.
We reserve the right to cancel program sessions if minimum numbers are not reached.